Throughout the process, if you encounter difficulties, you can contact us via [email protected] to ask for assistance.
Apps allow developers like you to add value to the lives of salespeople using Pipedrive. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to developing or have been doing it for years; we’re happy you’ve decided to join our forces.
To enable your app to get through our approval process quickly without any obstacles, it’s important that you fully understand the process. This way, you’ll have the utmost confidence when you submit your app to the Pipedrive Marketplace.
Jump to the checklist!
After you have built and tested your app, submit your app to start the approval process. Each new public app submitted to the Pipedrive Marketplace has to pass our approval process to ensure the standards of quality and reliability that our customers (the salespeople) expect.
Here’s a high-level graph of the approval process:
Submitting the app is unnecessary if it’s only used within your Pipedrive company account. You can share your app via a direct, unlisted installation link.
Steps before starting the approval process
- Request a developer sandbox account to get access to the Developer Hub
- Review and understand the requirements of the Pipedrive Developer Partner Agreement
Steps to start the approval process
- Log into your Pipedrive account and go to Settings > (company name) Developer Hub
- Create the app listing by filling out the form for registering a new app
- Install and test your app to see how it works
- Preview your app listing and check that the information is accurate
- Click on “Send to review”
What happens next?
Your app will be tested thoroughly, from the app installation flows to its actual functionality (and everything else in between). Ensure your app sticks to the following checklist to speed up the process and avoid resubmissions. You can also check out this article for tips and tricks on how to get your app approved on the first review.
- The app works as advertised
- After installation, the setup and onboarding flow continue smoothly in your service
- The average user can set up and use the app without assistance
- No typos or grammatical errors in the messages originating from the app
- Your app’s landing page (reached after the installation via the callback URL or independently from any other source) contains a detailed and clear summary of what your app does and how it integrates with Pipedrive.
- It also contains what events/actions will trigger actions in Pipedrive and vice versa
- If the installation starts from another place than the Pipedrive Marketplace, there’s an “Install to Pipedrive” button on the landing page if it’s reached without the app being installed
- When using app extensions, ensure that the app extensions provide contextual information to the end-users
- Your app uses OAuth for authentication
- Your app only specifies the required scopes and does not ask for unnecessary permissions (i.e., at least one endpoint from each of the scopes has to be used)
- When possible, use webhooks for apps for efficient and nearly real-time data synchronization.
- No significant performance impact to Pipedrive instance where it’s installed
- Your app is ready to support a large number of users after it is listed in the Marketplace
- Your app still works after 1 hour (lifetime of the
- Your app doesn’t use an email address as a unique identifier for creating accounts. We advise you to use the combination of
company_id(which you can get from the
users/meresponse) as the guaranteed unique identifier.
- Has polished installation flows
- Has a simple, tested and properly functioning uninstallation flow
You can preview your app’s listing page in Pipedrive’s Marketplace via Developer Hub. To do so, go to Developer Hub, click on your app’s name and head to the General info, Setup and Installation or Support and legal info tab. You’ll find a green “Preview” button towards the bottom left of the page that allows you to preview your app listing.
- Your app name is unique and does not match entirely or partially with another app in the Marketplace.
- The company name of your sandbox account represents your company’s name and doesn’t contain the “–sandbox" ending.
- The app listing page is well-written and has a comprehensive overview of what the app does and how it works together with Pipedrive.
- It’s strongly recommended to keep the app listing page up to date after the app has been published and customer reviews have been answered.
- If your app is focussing on non-English speaking markets, your app listing page in Marketplace needs to include a disclaimer at the top of the page stating that the app works only in specific markets and in one language, an English description of the app and a description in your preferred language.
- Your app has high-quality marketing assets (more info can be found here):
- A distinctive icon (not resembling Pipedrive’s or any other app’s icon on the Marketplace)
- Easily readable/understandable screenshots
- No advertisements of other apps, products and/or services in your listing
- Documentation is provided on how to set up, use, troubleshoot, and stop using your app
- Provide support via email, chat, phone, or web-based applications
- You agree with the Pipedrive Developer Partner Agreement
- Terms of service exist for your app
- Does not infringe on trademarks or copyrights of Pipedrive or any other products
- No spam is sent to the emails retrieved from the connected Pipedrive account
- Help us review your app:
- Provide details of any paid fully functional test accounts we need to use your service and its functionality together with Pipedrive
- Provide details of any test accounts that might be needed for third-party services. You can add details of those accounts when you have clicked the"Send to review" button and before the final "Send to review" button
- Provide us with the details of a contact person from your team. This person should be available for communications regarding questions during the approval process, future co-marketing and changes/updates to our developer-facing platforms.
- Become a member of our Developers’ Community for future correspondence.
- Your app’s status will change in Developer Hub
- You’ll receive an email confirming that we’ll start reviewing it
- If there are any questions from our side, your main contact person should be reachable via email
- You’ll be notified via email when the app is approved
- The status will also change in the Developer Hub
- You’ll be notified via email if the app is rejected
- The status will also change in the Developer Hub
- The reason(s) for rejection will be made clear in the notification email
- Before the app can be submitted again, you’ll need to resolve the reason(s) for the rejection
- The app is unlisted from the Marketplace by default after approval. If you wish to have it published, you will need to go to “...” next to your approved app’s name in Developer Hub and click on “Publish”.
What if you can't see the 'Publish' button?
We’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve built for Pipedrive!
Updated 21 days ago