Throughout the process, if you run into difficulties, you can contact us via [email protected] and ask for assistance.
Apps give developers like you the possibility to add value to the lives of salespeople using Pipedrive. It doesn't matter if you're new to developing or have been doing it for years, we're very happy you've decided to join the forces.
Since we want your app to get through the approval process quickly and without any obstacles, we believe it's very important for you to thoroughly understand the process, so you'd be confident in your app when you're submitting it to the Pipedrive Marketplace.
Jump to the checklist!
After you have built and tested your app, the approval process will begin as soon as you submit your app. Each new public app submitted to the Pipedrive Marketplace has to pass our approval process to ensure the standards of quality and reliability that our customers (the salespeople) expect.
Here's a high-level graph of the approval process:
Note that submitting the app is unnecessary if it's only used within your own Pipedrive company account. Your app (with a draft tag) will still be visible on the Marketplace for users in your company to install.
Steps before starting the approval process
- Request a Developer Sandbox account to get access to the Marketplace Manager.
- Review and understand the necessary requirements in the Pipedrive Developer Partner Agreement.
Steps to start the approval process
- Log in to https://www.pipedrive.com/.
- Open the Marketplace Manager.
- Create the app listing by filling out the form for registering a new app.
- Preview your app listing in the Marketplace Catalogue and make sure the info is accurate.
- Click on “Submit to review”
What happens next?
Your app will be tested thoroughly, from the app installation flows to actual functionality (and everything else in between). Make sure your app sticks to the following checklist as this will help speed up the process and avoid resubmissions. You can also check out this article about the tips and tricks on how to get your app approved on the first review.
- The app works as advertised.
- After installation, the setup and onboarding flow continue smoothly in your service.
- The average user can set up and use the app without assistance.
- No typos or grammatical errors in the messages originating from the app.
- Your app’s landing page (reached after the installation via the callback URL or independently from any other source) contains a detailed and clear summary of what your app does and how it integrates with Pipedrive.
- It also contains what events/actions will trigger actions in Pipedrive and vice versa.
- If the installation starts from another place than the Pipedrive Marketplace, there’s an “Install to Pipedrive” button on the landing page if it’s reached without the app being installed.
- When using app extensions, make sure that the app extensions provide contextual information to the end-users.
- Uses OAuth for authentication. More info in OAuth 2.0 overview.
- Your app only specifies the scopes that it requires to work and does not ask for unnecessary permissions (i.e. at least one endpoint from each of the scopes has to be used). More info in Scopes and permission explanations.
- When possible, uses webhooks for apps for efficient and nearly real-time data synchronization.
- No significant performance impact to Pipedrive instance where it’s installed.
- Your app is ready to support a large number of users after it is listed in the Marketplace.
- Your app still works after 1 hour (lifetime of the
- Your app doesn't use email as a unique identifier for creating accounts. It's better to use the combination of
company_id(which you can get from the
users/meresponse) as the guaranteed unique identifier.
- Has polished installation flows for different scenarios
- Has a simple, tested and properly functioning uninstallation flow.
You can review your app's listing page in Pipedrive's Marketplace before submitting the app to review by going to Settings > Tools and Apps > (Tools) > Marketplace Manager and then click on the "preview" button next to the name of your app.
- Your app name is unique and does not match entirely or partially with another app in the Marketplace.
- The company name of your Sandbox account represents the name of your company and doesn't contain the "-Sandbox" ending.
- The app listing page is well-written and has a comprehensive overview of what the app does and how it works together with Pipedrive.
- It's strongly recommended to keep the app listing page up to date after the app has been published and reviews from customers have been answered.
- Your app has high-quality marketing assets (more info can be found here):
- A distinctive icon (not resembling Pipedrive’s or any other app’s icon on the Marketplace);
- Easily readable/understandable screenshots;
- No advertisements of other apps, products and/or services in your listing.
- Documentation is provided on how to set up, use, troubleshoot, and stop using your app.
- Provide support either by email, chat, phone, or web-based applications.
- You agree with the Pipedrive Developer Partner Agreement.
- Terms of service exist for your app.
- Does not infringe on trademarks or copyrights of Pipedrive or any other products.
- No spam is sent to the emails retrieved from the connected Pipedrive account.
- Help us review your app:
- Provide details of any paid fully functional test accounts we need to use your service and its functionality together with Pipedrive.
- Provide details of any test accounts that might be needed for third-party services. You can add details of those accounts when you have clicked the"Send to review" button and before the final "Send to the review" button.
- Provide us with the details of a contact person from your team. This person should be available for communications regarding questions during the approval process, future co-marketing and changes/updates to our Developer facing platforms.
- Become a member of our Developers' Community for future correspondence.
- Your app’s status will change in the Marketplace Manager.
- You’ll receive an email confirming that we’ll start reviewing it.
- If there are any questions from our side, your main contact person should be reachable via email.
- You’ll be notified via email when the app is approved.
- The status will also change in the Marketplace Manager.
- You’ll be notified via email if the app is rejected.
- The status will also change in the Marketplace Manager.
- The reason(s) for rejection will be made clear in the notification email.
- Before the app can be submitted again, you'll need to resolve the reason(s) for rejection.
- After the approval, the app is unlisted from the Marketplace by default. If you wish to have it published, you will need to click ‘Publish’ from inside Marketplace Manager.
What if you can't see the 'Publish' button?
We're looking forward to seeing what you've built for Pipedrive!
Updated 5 months ago