Marketplace Manager is a tool for creating and maintaining your app in the Pipedrive Marketplace. It’s the starting point for your app creation process, as well as where you create and maintain your app’s listing page. Everything you need to do to create and support your app is done through the Marketplace Manager.
You can access Marketplace Manager via your Developer Sandbox account by going in the Pipedrive web app to Settings > Tools and apps > (Tools) > Marketplace Manager. Through it, you can:
- Save a draft app and get your
- Register your app
- Update and maintain your app
- Delete your app
First things first, to start working on your app, you need to save a draft app. Why? Because this is where you’ll get your
client_secret - 2 important elements that are required for OAuth authorization.
The two main required fields that are necessary to save your draft app are your App name and the OAuth Callback URL. All other fields marked as required will be validated when you're sending your app to review.
Your app’s unique
client_secret are values you need in order to go through OAuth authorization and receive the
refresh_token to be used in API requests.
To obtain these values, you will have to:
- Go to Settings > Tools and apps > (Tools) > Marketplace Manager.
- Click on “Create new app”.
- Choose whether you would like to create a public app or a private/unlisted app
- In the app registration form, fill in the two main required fields - App name and OAuth Callback URL.
- You can insert a non-functioning OAuth Callback URL for the time being. You will then have to update the field with a proper URL after implementing the logic needed for accepting user authorization in your code.
- Keep in mind that we allow only one callback URL per app.
- Save the form. Your app will be hidden by default and you'll see “Draft” as your app's status next to the app name in the Marketplace Manager.
- Click on the app’s name to open the registration form again. In the OAuth & Access scopes section, that’s where you’ll get your
Once you’ve received these, you can start working on your app!
Finished building your app? Registering your app is a major step in the app creation process before you send it off for the app approval process. This is when you fill out all the details of your app and its listing page on the Pipedrive Marketplace.
To give your app users a good user experience, there are three important aspects to take note of when registering your app:
Along with your app’s name and icon, the General Information section is where you should include marketing details about your app.
What exactly does your app do? Why is its integration with Pipedrive useful? Tell users all about it through a short summary, longer description, app listing images and a video link.
The OAuth & Access scopes section is where you will specify the types of data your app needs access to, which are dependent on the endpoints your app uses.
It’s important to only choose scopes that are absolutely necessary for your app. Start by choosing the least amount of scopes needed, then enabling additional scopes - according to this mapping - based on the endpoints used in your app.
Before sending your app to review, check to ensure that your app handles our main pre-defined installation and uninstallation flows. Your app should present a unified experience as users authorize access to their data and account for all installation scenarios. Read more about app installation flows here.
Take note: If you inserted a non-functioning OAuth Callback URL in the beginning, do make sure you change it to a functioning one before submitting it for approval.
Updating your app to maintain it is similar to registering it. Within the Marketplace Manager, you can make various changes to your app listing such as your app listing's images, video (Youtube) link, descriptions and more.
This is where you can also make bigger changes such as:
- Changing the scopes of your app
- Changing your app name
- Hiding your app to unlist it
After updating your app's listing, click on the green "Save" button. This will save all changes and send out an automatic notification to the Pipedrive Marketplace team. Rest assured, this doesn't mean you have to go through the whole app approval process again, but rather that we keep an eye on all changes made to Published apps.
Should you wish to remove your app from the Pipedrive Marketplace, you can do so via Marketplace Manager. Find out more about how to delete your app here.
Deleting your app means it will no longer be visible under the Marketplace Manager nor listed in the Pipedrive Marketplace. It will also be uninstalled from all existing customers.
Updated 21 days ago